Black bean brownies are a delicious and nutritious twist to a traditional chocolate brownie. You might be nervous about baking with black beans, but don’t be–they have a very mild flavor and are extremely rich, creamy, and full of protein. You can also boost the flavor of your brownie with essential oils such as Peppermint and Cinnamon.
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, and rinsed
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
4 drops Peppermint essential oil
¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
4. Pour into greased 8×8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool and cut into pieces. Store in refrigerator.
We want to see your results! Take a photo of your homemade creations using dōTERRA products and post on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #doterradiy for a chance to be featured!